Greater New York Nursing Services, a vibrant home healthcare agency, actively seeks an experienced
Home Care Coordinator,
A dynamic individual to provide initial and ongoing home care services coordination to our patients and their families by assigning LPNs/ RNs who have fulfilled all necessary contractual and regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be punctual and ready to work at the assigned start time.
- Answer phones in a professional manner.
- Able to participate and promote a team environment.
- Review and follow up on all messages distributed that any issues or problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assignment of LPNs/ RNs to patient cases.
- Effectively communicate all case related changes, incidents and issues to the contract agency immediately and to the office while maintaining efficient methods of ensuring patient continuity of care.
- Adhere to contractor’s guidelines by establishing approval of refusal of cases, missed visits within the time constraints permitted by the appropriate Contract Agencies.
- Report all incidents or changes on Greater New York’s Case Patient’s to the Director of Patient Services or designee.
- Adhere to all time schedules established with other departments to ensure that the area is properly staffed and case stability is maintained
- Review and follow up appropriately to all messages by using the most current forms and logs
- Refer LPNs/RNs with clinical issues to Clinical Director for resolution.
- Apply corrective action upon notification of LPN/ RN problematic issues related to the quality of patient care using disciplinary maxtrix guidelines.
- Must participate in On Call Rotation and be open to staying after hours on occasion.
- High School Diploma
- Previous Home Health Care experience preferred
- Experience with HHAexchange a big plus
- Knowledge of all related computer applications
- Able to operate telephone, PC, copier and other basic business machines
Reports To: Director of Coordination, Director of Patient Services & HR
Greater New York Nursing Services is a comprehensive care management company serving healthcare partners and patient communities throughout the NYC area. Giving care from a strong position of skill, knowledge and specialty we keep patients safe, dignified, comfortable and better able to face longevity. We take great care to build and maintain the finest network of truly skilled health caregivers. Our focus is on the terminally ill population, and Greater NY Nursing has garnered a stellar reputation for providing at-home care with a level of skill usually reserved for the nation’s leading hospitals. Our hand-selected RNs and LPNs manage a range of care programs and services that make the difference between life and strife. By always putting patient needs first, we built a care model that lasts.
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V